What is Hydroseeding?
- A stable laminate that anchors the soil while allowing water to penetrate to facilitate germination
- A slurry comprising seeds, fertilizer, a carrier media such as cellulose or hemp fibre and a tackifier
- Seeds adhere to the carrier media which is sprayed onto the batters to bond with the disturbed area
Why use Hydroseding?
- Faster and more effective than conventional seeding and more economical than turfing
- Can be delivered by hose up to 100 metres from the truck and up to 50 mertes vertically for sites that have restricted machinery access
- The seed carrying fibre adheres to the slope and germinates to create a root mass that aids in batter stability and achieves a vegetative cover
- Suppression of weeds and control of dust on site.
Integrated personnel carry out a site inspection to determine soil conditions, topography and an assessment of endemic vegetation species before recommending a site-specific Hydroseding solution.
Temporary Irrigation Systems
Integrated will also design and install a temporary irrigation system to ensure the optimum saturation conditions for cover crop germination.
- Mining and coal seam gas sites
- Road and rail infrastructure
- Urban and rural subdivisions
- Habitat and riparian rehabilitation
- Golf courses
- Stockpile containment
- Dune revegetation.