Filter soxx uses for bank stabilisation include:
- Creek, stream and riparian bank stabilisation
- Pond, lake and shoreline stabilisation
- Sediment, stormwater retention and detention pond bank stabilisation
- Riparian, stream bank, tidal creek, habitat and ecological restoration and revitalisation.
Sediment Control Soxx Installation
- Bank stabilisation shall be placed in a manner that protects the entire bank or shoreline from erosion and destabilisation.
- Bank stabilisation must be installed and stabilised before concentrated flow is allowed to contact bank or slope area.
- Excavation should be to a minimum of 300mm below scour line for streams with flow depths of 150mm or greater.
- An optional geotextile fabric may be anchored to the bank to provide additional bank stability and anchoring surface.
- On-site fabrication of bank stabilisation soxx will ensure a continuous length soxx system.
- Bank stabilisation shall be placed parallel to water flow and perpendicular to wave action. soxx are to be tightly stacked or abutted to prevent water seepage.
- Bank stabilisation shall not be installed on banks or shorelines greater than 1:1, and 3:1 if mowing will be conducted to manage vegetation.
- Stakes shall be installed through the middle of the bank stabillisation soxx at a minimum of 1.5 metre centres.
- Stakes should be 50mm x 50mm x 600mm softwood and should be located as follows:
- sand and loam soils = 300mm deep
- clay soils = 200mm deep
- Bank stabilisation shall be seeded at the time of application.
- Seeded bank stabilisation shall be thoroughly watered after installation and allowed to settle for 1 week.
Inspection and Maintenance
- Routine inspection should be conducted within 24 hours of a runoff event for the first year after installation or until permanent vegetation has established.
- Seeded bank stabilisation shall be maintained until a minimum uniform 70% cover of the applied area has been vegetated or permanent vegetation has been established.
Filtrexx® filter soxx can be installed in combination with geotextile matting and compost blankets to control the sheet water velocity and direction.
Bank Stabilisation Soxx Applications
- Mining and coal seam gas sites
- Road and rail infrastructure
- Urban and rural subdivisions
- Golf courses
- All erosion control and stormwater management projects.